Nerdly is on the hunt for new blood! We’re looking for like-minded nerds and geeks who are passionate about all manner of subjects, specifically we’re looking for the below (although we’re open to any/all submissions):
• Comic nerds – do you have a huge pull list every week? Do you want to spread the word on your favourite books? We’re looking for contributors for our weekly Panel Discussion column, where you can review your weekly buys on a regular basis.
• Film nerds – Simple. Do you love movies? Want to write about them? We need those that like films from all genres: documentaries, romance, sci-fi, drama and more. Sound like you? Then we need you to join us here at Nerdly. WE’RE ESPECIALLY LOOKING FOR KEEN CINEMA-GOERS WILLING TO REVIEW THE LATEST MOVIES ON WEEKEND OF RELEASE.
• Video Game nerds – Are you an avid gamer? Do you love all forms of video gaming, be it home consoles, retro or handhelds? Think you can write about it passionately? Then join us.
• Board/Card Game nerds – Are you an avid gamer? Do you love all forms of gaming, be it board games, card games and more? We have the contacts at game companies in the UK, we just need staff to review them!
• Tech nerds - Are you up on the latest technology? Do you love playing with gadgets and accessories. If so we need you to grow our technology coverage, which in recent months has lacked. Can you be the person to bring tech to the forefront of Nerdly?
We’re also on the lookout for content creators already doing their own thing, like our contributors Mike (Long Box) and Leah (Bright Eyes Long Lashes) – those of you that are putting their heart and soul into making content, be it videos, podcasts or even your own blog, that want to reach 100,000 like-minded nerds and geeks every month.
What can we offer? We’re still an independent site – run out of a spare bedroom by two folks who also hold down dayjobs (some would call it “hobbyist”, we prefer passionate) so money is tight. The site makes (a little) money from advertising. Advertising that relies on views and of course views rely on content. So – unlike other sites who rely on volunteers – we have insituated a small payment system in an attempt to make things a little fairer:
For every review, interview or feature you write we pay £1 and then on £1.50 for every 1000 pageviews the article accumlulates. So submit a review and you get £1, if that review gets 1000 pageviews you get another £1.50, so on and so on – all payable at month end. Of course we also offer products (movies, games, tech, comics etc.) for review and most times you’ll get to keep everything you review to do with as you want.
Want to join us? Then drop us a line via our Contact Us page, telling us why you want to be part of the Nerdly team.