The legend of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table receives its most impressive screen treatment in Excalibur, from visionary director John Boorman (Deliverance, Hope and Glory).
All the elements of Sir Thomas Malory’s classic Le Morte Darthur are here: Arthur (Nigel Terry) removing the sword Excalibur from the stone; the Round Table’s noble birth and tragic decline; the heroic attempts to recover the Holy Grail; and the shifting balance of power between wily wizard Merlin (Nicol Williamson) and evil sorceress Morgana (Helen Mirren).
With Patrick Stewart, Gabriel Byrne and Liam Neeson in notable early screen roles, Excalibur serves up “one lush, enraptured scene after another.” (The New Yorker)
Order today: po.st/ExcaliburHMV
To win Excalibur on Blu-ray, just answer the following question:
Which of the following 80s films also tells the story of King Arthur? Is it:
a) Sword of the Valiant
b) The Sword and the Sorceror
c) Sword of Omens
Email your answer to NerdlyComps@gmail.com, making sure to include your name and address. You can also leave your answer on our Facebook page, just make sure to like us first or your entry will be invalid.
Competition closes March 20th 2017.
• Open to UK participants only.
• 1 (one) winner will receive 1 (one) Excalibur Blu-ray
• The winner will be picked at random. The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address.
• Winners will be notified by email
• The promoter of this competition is Fetch Dynamic Ltd.
• The winner will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• Nerdly do not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
• No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
• Unless otherwise stated, the Competition is not open to employees of: (a) the Company; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Competition sponsor(s).
• This competition is a game promoted by Nerdly.co.uk. Our decision is final in every situation and no correspondence will be entered into.
• Nerdly reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.