Winner of both the Academy Award for best foreign-language film and the Cannes Film Festival’s Palme d’Or, Marcel Camus’ Black Orpheus (Orfeu negro) is an adaptation of the ancient Greek myth updated to the twentieth-century madness of Carnival in Rio de Janeiro. With its eye-popping photography and ravishing, epochal soundtrack, Black Orpheus was a cultural event, kicking off the bossa nova craze that set hi-fis across America spinning.
Black Orpheus is available to buy now from Amazon.
To win the Criterion release of Black Orpheus and a copy of the soundtrack, just answer the following question:
Black Orpheus is a retelling of which myth? Is it:
a) Persephone and Hades
b) Odysseus and Penelope
c) Orpheus and Eurydice
Email your answer to NerdlyComps@gmail.com, making sure to include your name and address. You can also leave your answer on our Facebook page, just make sure to like us first or your entry will be invalid.
Competition closes February 13th 2017.
• Open to UK participants over only.
• 1 (one) winner will receive 1 (one) copy of Black Orpheus on Blu-ray and the CD soundtrack
• The winner will be picked at random. The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address.
• Winners will be notified by email
• The winner will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• Nerdly do not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
• No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
• Unless otherwise stated, the Competition is not open to employees of: (a) the Company; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Competition sponsor(s).
• This competition is a game promoted by Nerdly.co.uk. Our decision is final in every situation and no correspondence will be entered into.
• Nerdly reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.