PQube have announced they are teaming BigBen Interactive to release 2Dark, the visceral new horror game by Alone in the Dark creator and famed pioneer of survival-horror games, Frédérick Raynal, in the UK.
2Dark is a grim journey of stealth and courage into the heart of corruption, offering a gritty and deceptively intricate new adventure of stealth and horror in which death is the only certainty.
From the press release:
Plagued by a string of child abductions, darkness hangs over the once-picturesque city of Gloomywood like a curse. After witnessing the murder of his wife and abduction of his children, former detective Mr. Smith vows to find justice and bring an end to the misery.
Use your cunning to infiltrate Gloomywood’s bastions of cruelty. Investigate to uncover the secrets of the deranged psychopaths within, seek retribution for their crimes, and bring the captured children to safety. If only it were so simple…
- Perfect your plan to infiltrate intricately handcrafted levels and escape with the children.
- A nerve-wracking experience of ruthless consequences with only your wits to guide you.
- Stick to the shadows and step carefully. Light and sound can be your allies, and your undoing.
- Supplies are limited. From flashlight batteries to bullets, make every item count.
- Investigate every nook and cranny to expose the sinister secrets behind the abductions, uncover new areas, and find every child.
- Kids will be kids. Stop for too long and they’ll fidget and cry, putting both of you in harm’s way.
- Break for a smoke to save your progress, but be wary of noisy coughing fits, and remember, smoking really does kill.
2Dark is coming to Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC in 2017.