For his sole cinematic work of the past three decades, godfather Of Mondo Franco E. Prosperi (co-creator of Mondo Cane and Goodbye Uncle Tom) took on the ‘Nature Strikes Back’ genre and delivered perhaps the most shocking movie of his controversial career… Wild Beasts.
When PCP gets into the water supply of a city zoo, the drug-crazed beasts – including tigers, lions, cheetahs, hyenas and elephants, as well as seeing eye dogs and sewer rats – go berserk and rampage through the streets of Rome.
What follows is a terrifying mix of actual animal attacks (supervised by professional circus trainers) and over-the- top ‘80s Italian gore that remains the greatest eco-revenge shocker in EuroCult history. Lorraine De Selle (Cannibal Ferox, House at the Edge of the Park) and Ugo Bologna (Nightmare City) star in this disturbing urban bloodbath, now digitally remastered for the first time ever and bursting with all-new special features, including:
- Altered Beasts: Interview With Director Franco E. Prosperi
- Wild Tony: Interview With Actor Tony Di Leo
- Cut After Cut: Interview With Editor & Mondo Filmmaker Mario Morra
- The Circus is in Town: Interview With Animal Wrangler Roberto Tiberti’s son, Carlo Tiberti
- House Of Wild Beasts: A Visit to the Home of Franco E. Prosperi
- International Trailer
Check out the trailer and new Blu-ray cover art for Wild Beasts, released on February 7th, below and pre-order the film now at Severin-Films.com