Dead Island and its undead successor Dead Island: Riptide (including all previously released DLC) have been completely remastered for the first time on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Deep Silver are revisiting the iconic bone-crunching terror of the original zombie-slaying smash hit as the two zombie titles shuffle onto a whole new generation of consoles, featuring fully remastered and greatly improved versions of the series’ first two instalments
Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide have been completely overhauled utilising Techland‘s next gen engine, adding significant visual and performance upgrades, whilst introducing cutting edge current-generation graphical effects:
- Higher Quality Textures - Game textures have been redone in a higher resolution and the level of quality has been improved across the board
- Photorealistic new lighting system - The lighting system in the game has been vastly improved, providing a much more realistic look, enhancing the stunning tropical setting
- Physically based shading - The introduction of new physically based shading techniques due to the latest iteration of the Chrome Engine means a higher quality look to the game models and objects as they react in a more realistic way to various lighting conditions
- Image quality enhancements via anti-aliasing - The addition of more sophisticated anti-aliasing means that console players can now experience Dead Island without unsightly “jaggies“ – meaning a much cleaner look throughout
- Improved-quality game models and geometry assets - All major geometry assets (for example: NPCs and character models) highlight a marked quality increase
- HBAO and motion blur effects - The introduction of Horizon-based Ambient Occlusion adds an extra layer of depth and realism to the world through a better implementation of object shadows, while the all-new motion blur effects will provide a much more cinematic feel to the game experience.
- Updated game UI - Providing a more consistent look between both Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide. Increase to equal quality level for seamless game experience.
- The Current-gen Console Experience - The Dead Island Redux Collection will also of course take advantage of the latest console features such as Online 4 Player Co-op, PS Vita Remote-Play (PS4), Share-Play (PS4), streaming and recording
- Power Fists Power-up - And last but not least, The fan favourite unofficial PC mod will also now be added to both products. Punch your way through the mayhem with craziest power-up ever!
But wait there’s more! Added into the mix of flesh-eating zombie chaos is a brand new side-scrolling/endless runner action game: Dead Island Retro Revenge! Features at a glance:
- Retro look meets melee-based combat
- Featuring leaderboards, achievements and plenty of depth
- Game mechanics include power-ups, super attacks and a combo system
Dead Island: Definitive Collection, containing Dead Island Definitive Edition, Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition and also includes for free Dead Island Retro Revenge, will be available at retail and digital for a suggested price of $39.99/€39.99/£29.99. The collection is scheduled for release May 31st 2016 (my birthday!) on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.